Sunday, August 12, 2012

Jungle Baby Shower Cake

Another cake I made about 3 months ago! ;)  This sweet jungle cake was made for the friend of a great customer's baby shower back in May.  The baby's gender was unknown, so I tried to make it as neutral as possible.  Cake was layered stacks of white cake filled with Swiss meringue buttercream filling, draped in marshmallow fondant. 
Animals and trees were sculpted from gumpaste.

Special thanks to Leslie for another fun order!!

On a personal note, this was my last cake for a while.  We found out we were expecting our first baby back in February, so I've decided to take some time away from the kitchen to focus on preparations for our little one.  Some day I will return to cakes, but a much needed break is necessary at the moment. We are so excited for the arrival of our little girl, Margot, this November.

Thank you for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment