Sunday, December 11, 2011

Brett's Lego Star Wars Cake

My good friend Jen's son Brett turns 8 this year... I can't believe he is 8 already!! Lego blocks were chocolate cake with chocolate Swiss meringue filling and draped in marshmallow fondant.  Lego bricks were MMF and gumpaste.  He had a special request to include some real toys, which are lined up at the base.  R2-D2 and Chewbacca were sculpted with gumpaste.  
I found an awesome Star Wars font for free online. I printed out his name on heavy stock paper and cut it out, put the stencil on a thin layer of rolled out gumpaste and cut the letters out with an Exacto knife. 
I built the lego ship from thin blocks of gumpaste.  The lego "dots" were cut using a piping tip and pasted on with a dab of royal icing.  I propped it up with a chunk of marshmallow fondant as a base and "glued" it on with royal icing.  
Happy birthday, Brett! 

No comments:

Post a Comment